Situated on 67 acres in one of the Philadelphia Main Line~s most exclusive areas, Linden Hill is a singular opportunity for estate living or further development. The main residence and its dependencies are in excellent condition, having been magnificently maintained by the present owners. The property is notable for its world-class architecture and its very private, park-like setting. Designed between 1928 and 1931 by Edmund B. Gilchrist for stockbroker Rodman Ellison Griscom, the property was owned for more than 50 years by the Dorrance family of Campbell~s Soup Company. Enter Linden Hill~s very secluded grounds and travel past fenced pastures and stone outbuildings reminiscent of the quaintest of French villages. An initial courtyard formed by turreted caretaker~s quarters, a 10-car garage, stables and additional staff houses leads to the crest of a hill. Soon, at the end of a narrow walled lane, the magnificent manor house and cour d'honneur reveals itself, a majestic example of French Normandy-inspired design of breathtaking scale and symmetry. Pass through the courtyard entry where brick chimney stacks on guest houses cleverly frame the main house, and behold a truly historic mansion, beautifully maintained with complete respect for its origins, yet offering every modern amenity. Its grand-scale formal rooms offer elegant and easy, expansive or intimate entertaining spaces. Private quarters are equally inviting with family living quarters that accommodate guests for short-term or extended stays. Beyond the main house are two pools, a pool house, tennis court and a beautiful aviary, all set within absolutely stunning gardens and grounds. As a picturesque legacy property that can also serve as a family retreat, look no farther than the timeless and spectacular Linden Hill. Square footage calculation is approximate for the main residence only.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, 2 Story
8 Full/2 Half
Hot Water Heater, Gas Water Heater, Public Water S
14,467 sq. ft
Yes - 10 spaces
Cable TV, Natural Gas, Onsite Telephone
Detailed Room Information
- Family Room, Inlaw Suite, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Library, Breakfast Room
- Eat-In Kitchen, Island, Butler Pantry
- Range/Oven Built-in, Microwave, Range-Oven, Dishwasher, Dryer, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Freezer, Ice Maker, Double Oven, Self-Cleaning Oven, Wall Oven, Gas Range/Cooktop, Refrigerator, Six Burner Range, Appliance Center, Washer
- Marble, Carpet, Wood
- Central Air, Gas
- Gas Heat, Hot Water. Radiant.
- Full, Entrance Outside, Partially Finished
- Stained Glass
- Entry Level Bedroom.
- Monitor System, Security System, Alarm -Smoke/Fire
- Additional Interior Features
- Sprinkler System, Walk-in Closets, Built-Ins, Breakfast Area, Chair Rail, Curved Stair, Open Floor Plan, Recessed Lights, Wainscoting, wine storage, Window Treatment, Fire Alarm System
Exterior / Lot Features
- 10 Garage Spaces. Street Parking, Circular Driveway, Private.
- Lawn Sprinkler, Undergound Lawn Sprinkler
- Pool Description
- Lot Dimensions
- 2321.00 x 0.00
- Sloped, Level
- Split Rail, Invisible
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Grill - Outdoors, Exterior Lighting, Out Building, Playground, Tennis Court, Front Yard, Not In Development, Back Yard, Side Yard, Trees. Backs To Trees, Cleared, Front Yard, Level, No Thru Street, Open, Partly Wooded, Pond, Premium, Private, Rear Yard, Secluded, Sideyard(S), Sloping, Stream/Creek, Subdivision Possible, Trees/Wooded, Vegetation Planting.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price